The Office of Recapitalization (Recap) is pleased to announce that it will be offering a Virtual RAD Awardee Training for Public Housing Agencies that will take place over the course of 5 half-day sessions. These training events are intended for awardees who want to better understand program requirements and to learn more about best practices. Interested awardees can attend the entire event or pick those sessions that would be most useful to you. The training will take place from approximately 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM EDT each day. Given the introductory nature of the material, these trainings would generally not be appropriate for experienced awardees.
Subjects to be covered include:
- Introduction to the RAD Resource Desk;
- The CHAP Amendment Process;
- Using the Capital Needs Assessment to Shape your Transaction;
- Property Planning;
- Preparing for the Financing Plan;
- The Intersection between RAD and Section 18;
- Transfers of Assistance; • Ownership and Control;
- Relocation and FHEO Approvals; and
- Closing and Post-Closing Processes
Below are the links that you will need to access the sessions each day. Each morning, presentation materials and other materials that will be helpful throughout the session will be uploaded to this page.